» Programme » IEC » Objective
- Raise awareness among general population, and youth in particular, regarding HIV/AIDS, its spread and control.
- Raise awareness about the risks and need for appropriate behaviour change and use of condoms among the youth as well as in general population.
- Generate demand for health services and HIV-AIDS related services in particular.
- Motivating positive behaviour change in the cross-section of identified populations at risk, including the core groups (IDUs, MSMs, and FSWs) and the bridge population groups (clients of sex workers, migrants and truck drivers)
- Creating an enabling environment for prevention of HIV as well as for institutional and community care and support.
- Reducing stigma on HIV among the general populace and mainstreaming the HIV +ve people.