Right to Information and obligation of Public Authorities
(1) Functions, Duties and other Information of the Organization.
Containing the dauntless and the relentless march of HIV to provide socio- economic
development and to strengthen and awaken the masses through awareness campaigns,
training and to provide care and support to those living with HIV/AIDS.
1. Prevention of new infections in high risk groups and general population through:
a. Saturation of coverage of high risk groups with targeted interventions (TIs).
b. Scaled up interventions in the general population
2. Providing greater care, support and treatment to larger number of PLHA.
3. Strengthening the infrastructure, systems and human resources in prevention,
care, support and treatment programmes at the district, state and national level.
4. Strengthening the nationwide Strategic Information Management System
UPSACS invites collaborative and concerted efforts from government, non governmental
and inter-sectoral partners. It promises to provide catalytic leadership, care and
support and to empower people to be able to lead worthy, contended and dignified